Mixing Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know it's not a good idea to mix gravel and sand, but is it possible to mix PFS with something like fluorite ? I think that is what I mean, fluorite is the black sand right? But I was thinking if I can mix dark and white sand then maybe it will look speckled or something. Just a thought...

yea you can. i personally would only do a little to make sure you like how it looks before mixing it all together.

Fluorite comes in a black sand and that would be fine to mix with PFS. There are also other types of Fluorite that are more like gravel size. Just make sure you get the sand and rinse it really really well or you'll have a cloudy tank for awhile.

I'll probably just end up ordering some more eco-complete to do the tank in. So far the tanks with it are doing much better than the tank with fluorite or the tank with laterite.

Anyone know if the loaches such as clown, yoyo, and zebra are known for burrowing like the dojos and kuhlis, or do they just sift around?

Back
Top Bottom