Mixture of fish ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canary bird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I I have 3 established tanks, someone I know is leaving the island and needs to rehome her fish, she has 1 hatchet fish,1 guppy, 4 Khuli loaches(sp?) 2 panda corys, 2 what she called glass cleaners ? , and a black ghost knife, now I'm taking them all except the bgkf are the loaches ok with corys ? And I think more than 1 hatchet fish would be better ?
Any info on the loaches would be appreciated .

Hatchets are schooling fish and would do best in a school of at least 6. Kuhli loaches are fine with cory's but if kept in the same tank you'll have to be sure they all get enough food on the tank bottom. Also both cory's and Kuhli loaches do much better and are less shy in bigger groups.

The glass cleaners turned out to be otos , is there anything I need to know about them ? Never had them before ...
Thank you :)

Oto's are nice little fish but also do best in a group. They do best in a mature tank as they mostly eat diatoms, green dust algae, and bio-film. Sometimes you can also get them to eat algae wafers and things like blanched zucchini strips hung in the tank.

Oto's are nice little fish but also do best in a group. They do best in a mature tank as they mostly eat diatoms, green dust algae, and bio-film. Sometimes you can also get them to eat algae wafers and things like blanched zucchini strips hung in the tank.
Thanks for that , as soon as I've a bit more room I will get a couple more, they are really cute, the tank they are in has been running since February but I was thinking of moving them to my main tank as there's probably more for them to eat there :) That's been running for nearly 4 years .

Back
Top Bottom