Mobile Home and Tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PHP

Aquarium Advice Activist
Currently, I live in a Mobile home.

I have 2 tank in my room (Not allowed any other tanks in the house besides my room).

I found this ad in the classifieds of the local paper. It was an ad for 2 40 gallon tanks - with stands. Each of them cost $150 individually OBO.

I am really wanting to replace my 30 gallon with a 40 gallon from the ad and the 10 gallon with my 30 gallon.

I am unsure if my Home will be able to support the following tank in my room.

Below I have a diagram of my end of the house and where the tanks are.

What do you think?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 95
I cannot imagine it would be an issue. We are talking about relatively small tanks here (somewhere In the neighborhood of 250 lbs) spread across a large footprint. I think it would be fine.

Yeah, I also think it would be fine!
I usually think about tanks this way when it comes to tanks and weight support doubts: both of those tanks would weigh about as much as a couple of guys on a couch. :>

I was thinking as in weight wise. Wouldn't a 40 gallon, substrate included, be around 400 lbs?

Our Mobile Home is 16x80 ft BTW

Yes sorry that is some of that higher math ;). 280 lbs of water, + substrate and the tank.. 400 is a closer estimate. Still no issue IMO. Start looking at 75 gal+ and it might become an issue.

So do you think I could possibly support a 55 gallon in my room?

I think so... But if you are worried, find out which direction the floor joyces run and how far apart they are. If you can support the tank across 2 or 3 of them, I cannot imagine there being an issue.

I'll have my dad do that.

I am clueless when it comes to houses. I have no clue what a floor joyce is.... :p

PHP said:
Currently, I live in a Mobile home.

I have 2 tank in my room (Not allowed any other tanks in the house besides my room).

I found this ad in the classifieds of the local paper. It was an ad for 2 40 gallon tanks - with stands. Each of them cost $150 individually OBO.

I am really wanting to replace my 30 gallon with a 40 gallon from the ad and the 10 gallon with my 30 gallon.

I am unsure if my Home will be able to support the following tank in my room.

Below I have a diagram of my end of the house and where the tanks are.

What do you think?

Wow nice t.v, is that a flat screen?? Hahahahaha, but honestly, i think youd be good haha :D

Actually yes I do have a Flat Screen, 42in.

Anyways, I will see what my mom thinks and if it's good to go :D

Thanks guys and gals.

Back
Top Bottom