Moisture in Heaters???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi friends,
I was wondering if anyone here has had the problem of there aquarium heater getting moisture inside them. This basically reuines them, because iv had sevrel that had moisture inside them which often keeps heating and doesn't stop at the desired temp without notice.

..im just curious is there any way of fixing these heaters or problems???

Sounds like you have had a problem with buying low quality heaters.

In my view a heater is one of the items in your tank you should not skimp on quality. After all its an electrical circuit that is constantly under water. The only thing between the electricity and you is the thin glass surrounding the heater.

What you describe is caused by the internal thermostat sticking and not telling the heater to turn off.

What kind of heaters are you using? I use mostly Visi Therm heaters and haven't had this problem with them. I have had some other (cheaper) heaters do exactly what you're talking about. Ebo Jager heaters are good also. I REALLY like the Pro Heat II series by Won Products...titanium heat tube with digital controller. Try one of these and I think you won't have trouble with them. Stay away from the hang on back type and stick with submersibles.
Logan J

im not sure about that, but i dont think its a cheap one!
but one of them is a Tronic made in italy???
and the other was Hidor or somthing???

i had a heater do this once and did not know what was causing it. until i saw my oscars slaming into it head first.

Pull it on over Reg. I'll just issue you a citation, but next time, use your spell check. .
cop.gif

Man, I think reg ran, have fun chasing him.

I have a whisper submersible, is this a good one? so far it works ok

Back
Top Bottom