Mold?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnimalFan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought bulbs for my aquarium. I got two different types... Aponogeton and hybrid ulvaceus (dwarf lilly) bulbs. The packages say that by 15 days I should be seeing about 6 to 8 inches. It's been about five or six days, and one of the bulbs has sprouted about an inch. However, none of my other bulbs look active. In fact, two of them look like they are a getting a little fuzzy. :? Can bulbs develop mold? I'm just not familiar with what the beginning stages of the bulb growth are, and I don't know if it's normal for bulbs to look like this. Anyone have any advice? :?:

Can bulbs develop mold? I'm just not familiar with what the beginning stages of the bulb growth are, and I don't know if it's normal for bulbs to look like this. Anyone have any advice?

They can get moldy, take them out and wash under tap water, just plain water, close to temp of tank. They may be dead, but maybe not, but if you leave the mold on them it will kill the bulb and foul your tank. I've gotten about 2/3 of these type bulbs to live.

Back
Top Bottom