Mold in crabitat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adeebm

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Sorry, this is like my billionth thread... I was cleaning out my crab tank today, and I found that apart from the mold on my driftwood, there is also mold growing on the sand! Apparently, my RCC is taking food from the dish and dragging to a corner to eat. And he is very messy, so theres food mixed in the sand and now it's moldy. I scooped out the sand in question, but theres still a dark spot. Is mold harmful to crabs? What do I do? The sand is constantly wet, because it's piled up out of the water, and theres like 100% humidity...

--Adeeb

Sorry I cant help with the mold, I have never had crabs before a few weeks ago.
I thought they were expiring on me. I started with three in a populated 20 Gal. community tank, then I had Four ! no one shed it's exoskeleton ! then one did die... I had two. Then I had three once more ! ...No another soft shell crab ! I use a rock island that projects half in and half out of water providing a place for constitutions and cross claws no mold as yet. Can any one out there tell me how much to feed these guys I don,t want to stress my water quality...The Fool

Back
Top Bottom