mollie questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

builtf0rdtough

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well I just bought a silver mollie and put it in my tank. I already had a creamsicle mollie. The cream keeps nipping at my silver mollie. Must be two males? We like the silver better, so Im dabating taking the cream back and maybe trying to get a female. Does that seem like its the problem? two males, need a female instead?

29g. the male could be picking on the female? I dont know how to tell the mollies male and female

Well i toon the cream back and got a female dalmation mollie. Lets just hope the dalmation and silver get along. They are both pretty fish

Check for a gonopodium to make sure you have the right sexes. The gonopodium is a modified anal fin in the male. Keep one male to three females.

David

You want a 3-1 ratio. 3 female, 1 male. It keeps from making the females so stressed from being 'chased'

DavidAl said:
Check for a gonopodium to make sure you have the right sexes. The gonopodium is a modified anal fin in the male. Keep one male to three females.

David

I was a minute too slow. :)

DavidAl said:

David

I have 2 mollys both Dalmatian ones, I think the white one I have could be pregnant as it has a bigger belly than the other, but I am not to sure.
You r saying about gonopodium what's the difference? The black one loos like it tucks it away and the white one has it open (if you know what I mean?

Thanks yall. I took the cream back and got a dalmation. For sure a girl, looks pregnant. I believe the cream was just a meany, because these two get along well.

Back
Top Bottom