Mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlrust1816

Aquarium Advice Regular
How effective will mollies be for clearing out the thread algae growth in my tank.

Also what molly is best?

i believe that the black mollies, and lyria tails are the best, my yellow mollie is either spoiled on flake food, or doesn't like algae

Mollies are ok, but you have to starve them before they really start grazing. I used 3 in a 20g and the progress was VERY slow. To make any difference, you need to stop the growth of new algae by balancing your nutrients, then the Mollies can help out a little.

Yeah, I had 3 large black mollies and they basically didn't do anything. I got sick of them and traded them in...they eat too much of the food intended for other fish in the tank and then the bottom and plants are covered with poop, even with twice-weekly PWC/vacuum.

ringfinger said:
Mollies are ok, but you have to starve them before they really start grazing. I used 3 in a 20g and the progress was VERY slow. To make any difference, you need to stop the growth of new algae by balancing your nutrients, then the Mollies can help out a little.

What nutrients would out of equilibrium?

And how would one balance them?

Back
Top Bottom