mollies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We;ve had a few in ours, 4 of them at one point. We had one female spawn fry, from which one survived. All the mollies from the original purchase have passed, but the baby is still with us, along with a lyre tail black mollie...

I love mollies! They're like giant guppies! We've been working on breeding a strain of supposed molly/swordtail hybrids that are black with gold hints. If I can ever get my pro photographer friend over to the fish room to snap some, I'll post some pics.

Well I purchased 6 black mollies 2 weeks ago...Knowing that Mollies and Guppies multiply quickly...So I got them on a Saturday and I went to feed them on Monday, wouldn't ya know I had baby mollies..My final count was aprox. 20 fry. Not sure the exact amount that have survived, since they like to hide.

Do you have any other fish with the Mollies?

i put them in a 60gal wide n shallow tank with 3 platies, 9 tiny goldfish[those u give to feed dragonfish], and i just added 8 silver dollars in, which destroys my nice breeding plot T _ T. . .i'm gonna move them ASAP since after i added them in the tank, the fries has stopped showing up. ..

My newly purchased molly delivered me 14 fry, all are survived and have doubled their size in about 8-10 days. My friend will take some of them, but I am still worry about the increasing number in the near future. My lfs are stinge, they don't want to trade, unless you give them for free.

tpurser said:
Do you have any other fish with the Mollies?

We have many different fish in our tank. Dojo loaches, khuli loaches, rasbora's, tetra's, and a few other species. It's a rounded tropical tank, and has thrived well once cycled...

Would it be safe to put a silver dollar fish with mollies?

ok....The reason for one silver dollar, is because my friend doesnt want it anymore. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom