Mollies -- Full size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
When do molly fry reach full length? Cuz I have a 4 month year old and he's maybe an inch... plus the 30 some odd ~2 month year old babies that are growing too..

I'm just curious about their growths through a few months so I can plan on getting space to put them >_<

Well, the dalmatians are the smaller ones, 3". I just now have my first batch of mollies (only two weeks old). I have a book on live bearers that says mollies grow slow and to be patient so I would give them a year to reach full size. HTH

@___@ that sounds fun... I'm trying to give them away to some of my friends, should I wait til they at least reach sexual maturity to give them away or should I ...wait that whole year >_<

If they are about an inch long now, I'd get rid of them. Gotta make room for the next batch. :)

See, that enlies the problem lol. Too many fish, not enough willing friends... I'm tempted to just set a stand outside, buy a bunch of little goldfish bowls from walmart and have a sign that says mollies for a free lol

Your lfs won't take them? Did you net the babies? I left my first batch in with the parents and they took care of them.

Well, I asked petsmart but the girl told me they'd take them but i woudn't get anything for it but I think I'd have to wait until they're full grown to give them up >_<

^^;; I felt too bad to let my fish take care of them, except when my two silver ones just gave birth, Crystal gave birth with all my other fish around so they got picked off, Jewel's litter just died due to a lack of oxygen in the tank cuz I had to evict her for some reason... but I was kinda glad they didn't live ^^;;;;; I have enough as it is >_<

Yeah, I really need to kick them out of the house, even if they are only a couple months old. They're reaching sexual maturity soon and I don't know if I can separate them all >__< plus my biggest one Gizmo has this exploritory mouth thing going and is fin nipping my dwarf gouramis...he's the only one doing it though

Back
Top Bottom