Molly about to have fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vienolac

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Molly fish has been sitting under one of my rocks most of the Day. She comes out to eat. And then goes back to the same spot.

She is maybe 3-4 weeks Definatly pregnant. But I got another Molly around the same time I got her and she is not showing signs as bad?

I noticed her poo what white and clear looking.
I guess what I'm trying to ask is
Is she sick.
Or is she about to have fry
Or could this be the effects of being bullied in the tank.
Because the male Molly's sometimes chase her around the tank. And she always looks skiddish around them.

Attachments

• image-2015377836.jpg
    image-2015377836.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 55
There's a very good chance she's pregnant, and stressed, and sick. Once she drops her fry, quarantine her and feed her anti-parasitic food mixed with garlic oil. Add a little aquarium salt to her tank as well.

Let us know how it goes...

David

Should I put her in a breeder net for a few days?
I don't have a qt tank. Or I would do that.

Would that be the best option. Or maybe to keep her a tupaware container filled with the tank water?....

Don't use a breeder net. Leave her in the tank and temporarily remove the male that's harassing her. Let her drop the fry then put the male back in. Add more female mollies so she is chased less. Continue to watch for white poop and treat with anti-parasitic food if necessary.

David

How will I tell when she is ready to deliver.... Because I feel like it should be anyday now.

It's tough to see the gravid spot on a black Molly, but based on when you got her I'd say she's due any day now. Look for small fry swimming around. She may not release them all at once so she may still look pregnant even after dropping a few little ones.

David

Back
Top Bottom