Molly aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So over the last week or so I've had 3 guppies die and when I checked them all their fins where almost completely gone so I've been keeping an eye on them and today I noticed my mollies going after one of the guppies. I can understand if it was male mollies and male guppies but all I have are females bar one Molly. I haven't had any issues until recently and the only thing that has changed was the addition of a flounder and a knight goby. I could see the mollies feeling threatened as knight gobies can be territorial but the goby swims with the mollies as if he's one of them and shows no aggression and the flounder is nocturnal

Keep calm and rock on

What size tank ?

Mollies can be Semi-Aggressive and should be in at least a 30g.

Try feeding 2x daily. Mollies are super active and have high metabolisms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guppies can live in brackish water they can't tolerate it as well as mollies but better than platters and swordtails the dragon doesn't eat other fish from what I've seen only the bumblebees and knight gobies do. Even when the mollies where attacking the guppy today they didn't have an intent to eat it from what I saw only injure it.

Keep calm and rock on

All the remaining unharmed guppies have been moved to a 25g with a gourami rasbora and a betta so they should be left alone there peacefully

Keep calm and rock on

So far there's no aggression in the mollies from what I can tell. Could it have had something to do with the goby? It was all peaceful until he came but it's peaceful now without the guppies. And the goby hasn't showed any aggression towards any fish as of yet.

Keep calm and rock on

But it seems like the new fish have integrated into the other fish. The goby shoals with the mollies and the flounder/hogchoker seems to be nocturnal and only comes out late at night and early morning.

Keep calm and rock on

Back
Top Bottom