Molly attacking discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stewright

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have 1 black Molly and 3 female Dalmatian Molly's. The male has starting nipping and chasing the discus. Is this normal?

Thanks

Depends on the size of your tank...also if your discus is ill it would be frowned up by your other fish

Ive nvr heard of discus with mollies......... What size tank ? :)
Id move the mollies if possible, discus are much more valuable and theres not much you can do about a mean fish lol

Yes. Like others have said, move the mollies. They like different water parameters. What size tank?

Sorry only just replied. It had stopped but had started again. It's a 110l tank, I have 3 female guppy and a male. And the poor discus just keeps getting chased. But it can go weeks without it happening then it starts again. Also have some guppys, tettras, a small angle fish and a pleck. Thanks

exact stock numbers would be great. 110L is what 27.5 US Gallons? i am not to familiar with discus but i believe that tank is too small for one and you also have an angel too. i think i also heard that they are schooling fish too.

Back
Top Bottom