Molly behaving weird!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JadeandScott

Aquarium Advice Activist
We added bog wood a few days ago and since then our Molly (which we were told was pregnant but don't think it is)
Is hiding behind it ALL day and pooping behind it loads! Any ideas why?

Did you clean the bog wood really well? If you have the chances are she's just investigating something new in her home. Whenever I get new plants my male molly becomes very suspicious of it, my male bettas are the same. They will tear, attack, flare and hide behind new things. If she's pregnant she might be sussing out somewhere private for her to give birth. Look to see if her tummy is \__/ that shape.

Yeah soaked it for over 24hrs! There's literally poo everywhere behind the wood! I'll try and take a pic of her tummy

I've got absolutely no chance as soon as anyone goes near the tank she freaks out and really hides!

I'd say shes definately pregnant. Her behaviour sounds just like a mother about to give birth to her spawn. Give her some time, keep the tank clean and keep an eye out for babies.

Going to have to clean it again because of all the poo! Will the babies be ok with wood n plants to hide in?

Tried my best to get a pic but this is the best I could do! Her tummy is really dark all over as well as a Gracie spot?,

Attachments

• image-47024013.jpg
    image-47024013.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3537884579.jpg
    image-3537884579.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 52
My guess is she's pregnant. How long has she been acting this way? Sounds like she's about to pop and minute.

She had the spot for about 3 week! But it's been about 3-4 days that she's been acting weird!
Proper panicky and swimming round like crazy then 90% of the time she is hidden completely!

I would say try a water change and watch for fry sometimes they can be in labor up to a week before dropping.

Back
Top Bottom