Mollys/platys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPXnoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
How many of the fellas could I load into a 10 gallon? I woke up to a text this morning saying I needed to come pick up my newly bought gift 10 gallon tank from my friends mother. Lol. :)

A trio of platies for a ten gallon, mollies one, but not both in the same tank. Mollies have a huge bioload and are very active so I'm not even sure you could put one in a ten gallon.

Oh ok. Thank you for the info. I didn't know mollies carried a large bioload. And advice on platy colors? I've never really dealt with them, primarily mollies, guppies, gouramis, and bettas.

There are lots of different types of colors. Common ones are mickey mouses, sunset wags, orange fire, emerald green and one time I found one that had every single color to it, very pretty :)

Bruin, for a Cal guy you ain't so bad. :) I appreciate all the advice you've offered so far in such a short period of time. I may be from Texas but I'm a Oregon fan. I'm gonna go try and find some nice looking platys today at my petsmart when I go looking for my GF a betta. Lol.

Bruin, for a Cal guy you ain't so bad. :) I appreciate all the advice you've offered so far in such a short period of time. I may be from Texas but I'm a Oregon fan. I'm gonna go try and find some nice looking platys today at my petsmart when I go looking for my GF a betta. Lol.

Haha yes I live in California but am also a Packers fan. :)

Ooh your getting your GF a betta? Try to find one that is over-halfmoon or plakat, those are really cool! :)

Lol. I'm looking for a odd color variety half moon. She is partial to my white marbled opaque finned half moon that is way over HM but that is my favorite of all mine. :)

Back
Top Bottom