Mom Wants Neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK so my mom has a 60 gallon freshwater with 2 gouramies,a pleco, 4 guppies, and 3 angels. Today she said she wants neons. Can I drop like 4-5 in there or will they get eaten?

I would be weary of the angels,They could eat em up. Balas definitely not, they get huge. You could try with the angels but it's risky? As for gorami I dont know, hopefully someone else chimes in that knows a bit more about the species.

id say no to neons because in the wild neons are a natural food source for angel fish

also bala sharks get too big for your tank and can be very aggressive once they mature, and will for sure nip at the angels

Seems to be pretty hit or miss with angels eating neons. You could just get cardinals instead -- typically a bit too big for angels.

Seems to be pretty hit or miss with angels eating neons. You could just get cardinals instead -- typically a bit too big for angels.

Agreed, a bigger tetra would be safer but not a blackskirt or a fin nipper or the angels will be the ones stressing.

Back
Top Bottom