Mono Angel in Freshwater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I read conflicting theories. I understand they are brackish and later becomes marine. But, some people claim to keep them for years in freshwater without any problems. How she behaves in fresh water with other fish? Please help.

I kept Sebae Monos in my 135g with my African cichlids[Tangs] for over 3 years..
They got pretty big and seemed to do very well.

Thanks. I heard they can eat small fish. Few of my cichlids are small. Is it OK to keep them? Also I read that one should buy more than two Mono Angels. Is it true?

They can be tough and definitely will eat what fits in their mouths.
Cichlid should have caves and rock work to hide.My monos never knocked off the daffodil fry...The other AC did.
Yes even more then 3 possibly. They are tough as I said...I had 3 as the Sebae sp. they were harder to get. I was lucky to get the 3 I did... Great centerpiece collection of fish for BIG tank...

Thanks for reply. I read u either get one or more than one. Two fights with each other. Is it true? My tank is not very big to house like four.

Yes only one or more then two.
How large is your tank?
Possibly you should just try one.
They really do get large...They are excellent eaters and swimmers..
Their adaptability to such a wide range of water conditions makes them a very hardy fish IMO...If something doesn't go wrong they live many years...

I see. So she is fine as one? I mean I prefer one only tbh but I didn't because I thought she would want to live as a pair but if she is happy as one with other Malwai cichlids. I would love that. What u say?

Tank size?
You may not be able to fit 2 ? They are active swimmers rarely not moving...
I kept mine with Tang cichlids as it liked the water being very hard. The tangs were pretty calm for AC..
You may not have as much luck with Malawi ? They are meaner and not much does well with them? What size tank?

Back
Top Bottom