Monster Fish Keepers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How much did a 9k gallon tank cost :shocked!:

more then all of us could afford im sure, its 1.5" thick bulletproof glass, the rest is concrete, its set up like a pool same filters and all. But it is at my old work, cabelas.

if I had money for a 9k tank id save the money and concrete a bedroom out and use that for a tank.

koi fish pellet's

Hope you feed him a varied diet. This is important with knife fish. Besides koi pellets are not suffecient because they are desined for koi. lol. Also that fish need atleast a 300+ gallon because they get up too 3 feet long. The floor space is what it needs. and that thing is already too big for a 75g.

been eating koi pellets for along time i tryed shrimp . " no go "

The pellets are fine every once in a while but it is better to feed them silversides, beefheart, frozen prawn, krill and other meaty items. Also through some live food in there every once in a while for stimulation. It is ok to feed them pellets amongst that but try a carnivore diet of some sort. You have to understand that koi are omnivores in nature but there main food staple needs to consist of things like peas, lettuce, and watermelon. So dont you think that the koi pellets would not be as healthy as a carnivore diet? I mean like i said it is not neccassarly bad for them but they need that carnivore side as well. Maybe mix them in atleast. Also another note on the size of tank. A clown knife does not turn well, kinda a stiff body and they like keeping there bodies straight. So it needs room to turn around, which means 36" is the best width for a tank.

I have a red tailed barracuda and I'm wondering how you get them to feed as soon as I drop my feeders in the tank he allways seems to eat them when we aren't looking he's very well fed so should I starve him a day or two then drop feeders in? Can another monster keeper help me out with this?

Back
Top Bottom