Monster Fish Keepers??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ac1993

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any other ones here?? I have a jardini arowana, fire eel, tiger shovelnose, rtcxtsn, marbled pim, and four lined pim,plus an oscar.

RTCxTSN is a red-tailed catfish-tiger shovelnose catfish hybrid.

I'd love to get an RTC. One of my LFSs has little ones all the time for $20, but I really don't want to spend more to feed my fish than I do to feed myself. On River Monsters last night, they caught an RTC that was about 5ft long!

Ha, i watched that river monsters last night too. I am a monster fish keeper but sadly life/space has not allowed me to get the proper size tank so i have a 75g with various bichirs and other cichlids.

I used keep native game fish, have a 45# yellow aka flathead cat and a few 5+ pound bass.

here is the 25 year old catfish
40" long 45#
9k gallon tank
15oa51d.jpg

Last edited:
This is off subject but good story about rtc. There was a lfs in houston that had a pond on the floor with 5, 3 foot long rtc. Next to it was a tank full of puffers. Probably 100. The tank was on the stairs. People were going up the stairs and knocked tank over into the pond. We all thought, how lucky, all fish will be ok. But then the feeding frenzy began. Those rtc ate all those puffers in about 2 min. Kind of sad but cool to watch.

1 of these days when i am out of my parents house i have drawn up some plans for a pond to make. The only thing is i am a big fan of FW stingrays which are illigal here in FL. I might be making a giant sw pond with some atlantic stingrays in it. Fire eels have to be 1 of my #1 favirotes of monster fish.

nope. Try more like south america, peru, etc. There is only 1 stingray in florida that is fresh. And it is the only stingray that can go from complete saltwater to complete freshwater. This is the atlantic ray. So because it is from FL it is the only 1 that is aloud to be kept. They move to freshwater by urinating more. So it is very highly suggested to keep them in SW because they dont urinate over the normal amount (because they are not in FW). Because in a tank it is a small ecosystem, not a big ecosystem such as the ocean, swamp, or mangroves they fowl the water quick.

:new-alien:not huge but 18 to 19 inches not to bad

Attachments

• c fish 007.jpg
    c fish 007.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 142
AAAA, a clown knife. He is pretty. I like Royal clown knifes. They get big though, REALLY BIG.

Back
Top Bottom