more advice needed-need to move tank out some, how much water can I take out safely?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heathers_hounds

Aquarium Advice Regular
:banghead: I have yet to install my fluval fx5. Had it all ready to go and realized hose won't fit between wall and tank..ugh so 100 gal tank, 100 lbs of sand and water needs to be moved out some. How much water can I safely take out? I can save some in a rubbermaid tub or 2 if needed. My hubby and boys are so not thrilled about this project:fish2: I have never done more than a 50% water change on this tank. Thanks:)

:banghead: I have yet to install my fluval fx5. Had it all ready to go and realized hose won't fit between wall and tank..ugh so 100 gal tank, 100 lbs of sand and water needs to be moved out some. How much water can I safely take out? I can save some in a rubbermaid tub or 2 if needed. My hubby and boys are so not thrilled about this project:fish2: I have never done more than a 50% water change on this tank. Thanks:)

Is it currently stocked?

yes it is. currently stocking...have had fish in since feb. cichlids

been up and running for a few months prior to that. I have a cascade 1000 running now, just adding the fluvall

Last edited:
hookoodooku's idea might work. When I have to move tanks I take the filter off the tank and only leave enough water to cover the fish.

Ok.. I was just worried taking all water out would be too much and wasn't sure if however much the Rubbermaid would hold would be enough to keep tank established..but if it's ok I might as well remove sand too so I can add some egg crate lol Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom