More Angelfish or Find Other Tankmates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was intending on getting something else, I was thinking Rams, and then replacing the loaches later with however many botias , most likely 3 or 4, which is equivalent to 2 clown loaches.

I was intending on getting something else, I was thinking Rams, and then replacing the loaches later with however many botias , most likely 3 or 4, which is equivalent to 2 clown loaches.

Like I said, minimum number for loaches is 5. In any case your tank without any loaches is close to fully stocked, and you need more giant danios for a proper school as well.

This is your tank right now:
AquStockImage.php

Here's the issues with this stocking:
dhqtF3R.png

This is what I recommend:
AquStockImage.php

It would still be heavily stocked but managably so and all of your fish will be in proper sized schools.

If you want to play with these numbers, this is the website: AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

And forget about inches per gallon. It's literally a worthless rule for stocking.

Something to keep in mind is that there are a lot of nipping cases with gold barbs nipping Angels. If you have a decent sized school then maybe it can work but when I had gold barbs they nipped my Angels find pretty bad, thankfully after moving them the angel recovered well

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thank you for that video by the way, love the tank and the angelicus! So essentially, I should get rid of the clowns ASAP due to their large potential and get 5 angelicus (which reach 4-5 in), and use the remaining space to increase my giant danio school?

Thank you for that video by the way, love the tank and the angelicus! So essentially, I should get rid of the clowns ASAP due to their large potential and get 5 angelicus (which reach 4-5 in), and use the remaining space to increase my giant danio school?

That's what I would recommend, but you can do any sort of mid-sized bottom dweller instead of the kubotai. Definitely up the school of danios though.

Thanks for all your help! I'll have to think about how soon to make this transaction, but I really like the angelicus. That calculator is very useful, I'll continue to use that.

I love rams but they don't do well in my water! I have kribs to and I like them! If you get a male and female they will breed and be aggressive and territorial over there eggs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom