More fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KonvictKeeper said:
Thinking about getting some more fish in the future...

OK, so should I pull out another 20g and get some GBRs?
OR, should I whip out one of my 55g's and get a red devil/oscar/managuense?

You could do a 20 g with GBRs, not sure about the other cichlids in the 55 though. I think you could keep an Oscar in a 55 with really excellent filtration.

Thanks guys! I think I might do the GBR's because I don't really want to set up a 55g (I don't even have a stand). I've heard they are really hard to breed/keep. Is this true? I would like to breed them.

Yes, they are hard to keep, I would try to get some directly from a breeder or an outstanding LFS.

Also, If I were to keep GBR's in a 20, would I be able to keep other fish in there? (Dwarf gourami's?)

I would think a school of tetras or something along those lines but that'd be it.

They're known to die unexpectedly for no reason. Your tank parameters could be perfect and they just die randomly. It mostly has to do with the quality of the stock.

I believe they inject some of the juveniles with something to make the colors pop out since they aren't colorful pretty adults yet.
If you buy them from a reliable source/breeder who cares for them then they have a better chance of survival.

Well try and find out the scientific name to make sure they work in there. If they are truly wild then you'd have to be more careful with the tank parameters than if they were tank raised.

Well that is a GBR, I don't know why they're called wild rams, doesn't really show much more information. But Mikrogeophagus Ramirezi is the scientific name for GBR.

Back
Top Bottom