More pics of my fish in the 55G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are more pics I took today...

Bolivian Ram:
bolivian1.jpg

Dojo Loach:
dojo1.jpg

Green Tiger Barbs:
greentigerlarge.jpg

Yo-Yo Loach:
yoyo1.jpg

Yo-Yo Loach:
yoyo2.jpg

Skunk Loach:
skunklarge.jpg

Skunk Loach:
skunk2.jpg

Skunk Loach:
skunk3.jpg

Striped (Zebra) Loach:
zebralarge.jpg

More Loaches:
loaches1.jpg

Barbs:
barbs1.jpg

Barbs:
barbs3.jpg

Barbs:
barbs5.jpg

Barbs:
barbs6.jpg

Rainbow Shark:
rainbow1.jpg

Rainbow Shark:
loaches2.jpg

Beautiful fish all of them! Your dojo looks well fed! Mine is still relatively shy. Does yours come out often? Mine burrows in the sand a lot.

Mine is almost always out. I looked at him earlier tonight and he was burried in the sand under one of the white quartz rocks. Was such a strange position, just wonder how he got there, lol. But he's a character. But he doesn't like the skunk loaches though, they chase him too much.

I've heard that about skunk loaches LOL. Dojo's are so funny the strange positions they get themselves into. I also have yoyo's and clowns, thought about the skunk loaches but was concerned with the level of aggression I've heard about.

hi again...

Yes, they are quite aggressive. But hillarious too. Here's my dojo, caught him in this position.

That is so funny, mine does exactly the same thing! Sometimes he buries his whole body in there. He likes to dive through the sand too.

HP Photosmart 935 5.3MP. Flash on, Macro on, and about 4-6 inches from the glass at an angle to try to reduce glare from the flash. I tried using the zoom, but comes out a little blurry.

Usually I'll have it on auto, but occasionally will change tthe speed to 200, and sometimes 400 too. Everything else is on auto.

Also, very important with this camera, take pics with viewfinder off. With it on, it's like it takes time to take the pic and the fish are always blurry from movement. So leave the viewfinder off and just look through the optical with your eye.

Another reason I don't use zoom, it reduces the file size. Even though the fish is smaller, it's in more detail, then I take into photoshop and crop the fish, bring it out to actual pixels, enhance the image, then size it down to 500 pixels wide and height is on auto, so it stays proportional.

Very nice fish! Do you have any aggression problems between the striped and yoyo loaches? I want to get some yoyos, if I can find 'em. :? Also, are the yoyos a little aggressive with the other fish?

Yoyo's are just fine. No problems. The only aggressive loach I have is the Skunk Loach. They don't hurt any other fish, just chase them now and then, or chase themselves around almost all the time, lol.

Back
Top Bottom