More pics of my tanks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunsplash76

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm sure everyone is tired of seeing these tanks by now. lol. It's just that I'm always changing things around in there. Does anyone else feel like they have to make it perfect in the tank all the time? Does anyone else constantly try to arrange the deco just right? Maybe I'm weird. I'll think of a new way to position the rock slabs every couple weeks; think I am happy with it now. Even switched the 10 gallon deco around; I found a smaller rock thing for them as the other was too big. gonna get normal colored gravel when I move locations. Beginner mistake. Here they are:

Well Ive said it before, but I'll say it again - I think both the tanks are really smart and well layed out !
I wouldn't worry about thinking you'rr a nutter by moving things and never being 110% happy ; I think everyone gets like that. I know for one that I do.
Thats all the fun of it though really, keep building and building until you are entirely content .

8)

Hi sunsplash76,

Great work. I am always amazed how crystal clear your photos are. (Not to mention your water too).

Keep those pics coming. :wink:

Glad to see i am not the only one, lol. :D

My prior job kept me out of the house almost all day, so i didnt have to much time to decor. My current job keeps me at home a lot and guess who gets a lot of my attention. I rearranged my whole setup, added fish, added two more plants, cleaned, researched stuff, joined this club. 8)

My wife is starting to get on my case about this, dont get me wrong, she loves fish also, but she says i am getting to into it. Give the fish a break, lol. I will slow down, right after i get my new 30 gal tank up and running this month, je je je :lol:

Great job, and the pics look great, keep up the good work.
By the way, this is much like what happens to artist, they finish a painting and are not satisfied with how it turned out, so the either try again or start a whole new one. I think when one stops being creative one starts to loose interest, and things start turning into chores. :(
No more fun.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I'm so glad no-one said "geez will this lady ever stop posting pics of those tanks already" LOL I loved the replies from everyone, some really good viewpoints there. I never thought of tank keeping as artistry before, but the comparison of it was very insightful and true.

Thanks targaboy for the clear water comment, I am very diligent when it comes to cleaning the tank. I had to learn in my early days not to OVER clean however. I was doing to much too often and wound up in trouble. I do at least 25% water change every week, and the deco needs frequent rinsing as well. It's a chore at times, but worth it when I'm done. 8)

Don't worry somethingfishy, your waters will clear up, probably just gonna take more time than you would like it to. 8O You have alot of knowledge and you are no beginner, so it will be fine in no time! Cheer up.

pics

Don't worry Melissa...we'll never tire of seeing pics of your beautiful tanks. They look great. Keep the pics coming!
Logan J

Very nice photos!
I am always in awe of people who can take good pictures of their tanks (whenever I try I end up with a dark blurry mess).

And it's always nice to find others who have the same affliction as yourself....I'm a rearranger too....it takes me a long, long time to become satisfied with a tank. Right now my heavily planted 20g is perfect, I wouldn't change a thing. But then I have a 20g salt tank that the sandbed is driving me nuts (and it's a short trip), so soon I'll have to strip it down...

Anyway, keep the photos coming, I always enjoy looking at other peoples tanks!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom