Moss balls??? Do i or dont i

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chloefinn2003

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi

I've been reading up on moss balls. Are they a good idea or not. I see they grow rather large. Do the fish eat them too and do they need any special looking after and do u cut them back if they get too big

Cheers

Ive got a moss ball in my dt and they look good but they catch and hold crap so you have to clean them in a bucket by giving them a squeeze and sometimes food lands on them and the fish pick it off but ive never seen my fish eat thee moss. As for looking after they need a decent light and i think thats about it. Mine hasent grown much so i never cut it and i dont think they grow much atall ? Is the one your looking at a marrimo moss ball ?

I've had mine for about 9 months and they look to be the same size as when I bought them. I've heard that you can roll them in your hands (like putty) to make them smaller.

Even though we call them Moss Balls, they're actually a type of algae. I mention this because I have a Pleco, a Molly, some Cories and some snails... All thinks that like to snack on algae... And they all leave the Moss Balls alone.

I don't think there's any special care required, but then again mine don't seem to be growing. Lol

I've had mine for about 9 months and they look to be the same size as when I bought them. I've heard that you can roll them in your hands (like putty) to make them smaller. Even though we call them Moss Balls, they're actually a type of algae. I mention this because I have a Pleco, a Molly, some Cories and some snails... All thinks that like to snack on algae... And they all leave the Moss Balls alone. I don't think there's any special care required, but then again mine don't seem to be growing. Lol

Thank for this.

Here are my moss balls..they just freely rolling on the bottom my fish love to nibble on them from time to time.... image-1912830356.jpg

Back
Top Bottom