Most interactive fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GallonsOfFun

Aquarium Advice Freak
What, in your opinion, is the most interactive fish with its owner?

I like the oscars' interaction and personality, but they'll outgrow my 55 gallon tank. Any and all suggestions welcome!

Either my dwarf puffers or my GBR. My puffers let me push them around with the tweezers at feeding time and they are both full of excitement (like underwater puppies) My ram will follow me all over the tank and will jump for the food at feeding time. So I guess puffers and rams are the most interactive fish for me.

Anything amphilophus.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Gold fish or oscars. My goldfish will eat out my hand and differentiate between me and someone else(that doesn't feed them) that walks past.
Oscars will do the same just will just eat anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

DOJO LOACHES!!!! :D

Mine played with me anytime my hands were in the tank and knew it got on my nerves when they dug up my plants lol.

They are also active 24/7 and mine let me hold them in my hand and for feeding.

Caleb

I have owned all kinds of fish ,marine,fresh,tetras,arrowanas,pacus,snakeheads......
Not to sound cruel but he most interactive/attentive fish is a hungry fish!
My little tetras greet my like I'm Santa Claus!
My snakehead made sure everyone else knew he was #1 at feeding time.
They all play the starving dog very well and even the most reclusive fish will "show" for the one they know feeds them.
I have heard many other opinions and many say Bettas and Oscars!

TMRC Exotics, could you post the link to that article if it's not too much trouble? I'd be very interested to read it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, people. Keep them coming!

Last edited:
Discus for me. They are always lurking around my hand, water changer when I'm doing water changes.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I adore my figure 8 puffers! They will fight over who gets closest to me when I get close to the glass. They eat out of my hands and know my kids by face and swim around to show off for them. They are awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'll say angelfish, mine will swim right up to the tank go greet me and really enjoy my attention. One of my angelfish will run over for their picture to be taken when I go over their with my phone out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think Puffers are very friendly and have a personality kind of like a dog. There is one big Gotcha though. They have teeth that grow and can cover there mouth. They will starve if action is not taken. Normally this involves cutting there teeth which I'm told are more like a fingernail. Some people say that they get big and need anesthesia and a Dremel too for teeth cutting at some point. I believe in nature they chew on shells to keep there teeth small. I only ever kept one of these and he was from Walmart. Got sick and died before long. So I don't have a lot of experience with them. Maybe someone who does can contribute on this subject?

RED DEVIIIIIILLLL! my frontosa are flinchy except feeding time

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom