Most PEACEFUL tetra for Angelfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 65 gallon tank

4 angelfish
6 corydoras

I am looking to add a school of some sort.
What do you recommend?
I need something that forms a nice school, but won't stress the angelfish and vice versa.

I was thinking rummynose tetras?

Or

a pair of Rams

Or

gouramis

I like Bleeding Heart Tetras or Lemon Tetras. Big enough not to be a snack but peaceful. Rummynose are great also. For a larger peaceful Gourami, look at a Pearl. Some of the 3 spot types can be naughty. I would add 1 Gourami, unless you have another tank in case they fight. Gouramis can be very belligerent with each other.

a pair of rams would be fine but they tend to hang out near the bottom of the tank. if you want a school rummynose tetras would be fine i've never heard of them being nippy. there are other tetras that wouldn't nip like prestillas. i dont know if bleeding heart tetras are fin nippers or not. other than pearls i would not recommend gouramies they tend to be bullies toward similar sized fish

Omg! What you described is my track exactly... I have seven corys one gourami rummynose tetras and I'm about to get my gbr.

My rummies are the most peaceful tetra I have, other than my embers, but those wouldn't do well with angels.

I have lemon tetras and harlequin rasboras, and I would recommend the latter more than the former. The lemons are definitely the jerks of the tank. IME, most tetras can get a bit nippy under certain circumstances.

I wouldn't imagine them picking fights with angels though, most of the time.

My gourami's rarely fight at all, they actually play together. U could look into black skirt tetras too. They have large fins like that of angels.

I have 5 serpae tetras and 5 high fin black skirt tetras in a 55 gallon tank. And at times I will catch them all going after each other. Is it normal. What other fish could I go with? I would really like to get some angel fish. With the fish I have now acting as they do would it be a bad idea?

Just a bit of info, I've ordered Congo tetras and red phantom tetras for my new tank. You could look into those.

Rummies r great once they get acclimated. What about cardinals? I added a ram to my angelfish and they get along swimmingly!

Skeeter4158098 said:
I have 5 serpae tetras and 5 high fin black skirt tetras in a 55 gallon tank. And at times I will catch them all going after each other. Is it normal. What other fish could I go with? I would really like to get some angel fish. With the fish I have now acting as they do would it be a bad idea?

Black Skirts and Serpaes are both nippy fish. They should be in large groups when possible to spread out the aggression like Tiger Barbs.

I personally don't recommend either with long finned fish.

Back
Top Bottom