Most unique/awsome fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CowMoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 37 gal community tank and was wondering what cool fish i could add in. I'm thinking about a dwarf gourami but worry him and the angel will not get along.

I have two fish that stick out in my mind. One is my African Leaf Fish and the other is my Feather Fin Synodontis. I love them both :) Both fish are in a 60gal tank with many different fish (including angelfish) with no problems. If you wanted a dwarf gourami, I think he'd be just fine with the angelfish. I have a gold gourami with 5 angelfish and he doesn't bother them at all.

The African Leaf Fish I have is about 4" and he eats brine shrimp, bloodworms, earthworms, and meal worms. He is very peaceful though I'd watch out for very small fish because his mouth is gigantic. From my experience he's been very hardy and easy to care for other than feeding him because leaf fish don't typically like flake food. All in all he's a pretty hardy unique fish that is really cool.

My Feather Fin (Thomas) has been with me from the beginning. He's survived an ich epidemic that wiped out all but him and my Senegal Bichir. Needless to say he's been a very hardy fish also. He's gotten so much bigger from the time I got him. He's about 5" now. He was maybe 1.5" when I got him. He eats everything that his little whiskers touch. They get the name "feather fin" from their huge dorsal fin that fans out and looks like a feather. He also likes swimming upside whether it be against a piece of drift wood or river rock. Not sure why, but he always seems to be upside down. Thomas has been a wonderful addition to my tank and is a very unique fish.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452408671.669331.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452408702.524046.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452408783.081603.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452408853.474575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Can you tell us the current stock? That would help us to make suggestions :)

Back
Top Bottom