Motor Home Aquarium - Any RVers live in and have experiences?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha if you could something like that, that would be really cool. I was watching the show "sons of guns" and they mounted a machine gun on a chopper and just added a large gyroscope for stability. Thats where i got the idea.

Traveling Fish Tank...

Saw that show too! :rocket: LOL :zook: Hey I didn't know there were so many shooting Smiles :uzi: That's pretty funny I think!

Good idea. There are many really creative, problem-solving people in this world and all I am looking for is a traveling fishtank. lol

yea gyroscope with a tank that is taller rather than wider would be your best bet. if you decide to pursue let us know, would be very interesting!

Engineer on the job but I need your help too

Ha Ha, I told my neighbor, a retired engineer about the CRAZY idea. You all probably know more about fish though.

Let me tell you now that if I really want a fish tank in my motor home I will have one!!! (as long as they can be happy too) Even if it is a couple guppies, two shrimp and a few snails. That's why I'm thinking about it now so I can figure out how to make it work.

:puppydogeyes: Still looking for ideas..."Can't do it" doesn't work for me...

I was thinking and gyroscope wouldnt really work for sloshing. If youre on a level surface and brake it would need to slide forward while slowly decreasing in momentum free of the vehicles movement. If that makes sense.

Would it work for sloshing if it was completely full, and tall tubes came in and out for air and filter exchange?

BTW, I am glad you contributed more than the Weebles thing...LOL!

It can be set up one way for traveling and left open for parking/staying. I am not going to be driving around 365 days a year. Perception is constant driving, for sure with the prices for fuel will not be doing cross country trips all year long. You visit a region and wander around seeing everything, and you have a vehicle to drive around to check everything out from a home base.

How about a Fluval Edge. The way it's set up it might work. The opening is raised, in the center of the top. Sloshing out may be minimal or none at all. Maybe worth a look into!!

I have a 6.6 Edge now borrowing from my daughter, that is what got me REALLY thinking about this topic for just those reasons. Finding a way to make a custom/lid/seal?!?

How about a fluval edge sort of tank but bigger and the opening in the middle si yiu can have a sponge filter

I am thinking some custom seal so when traveling no splashing water out, but also some kind of thing so that jerking down the road it would be cushioned, kinda like a shock absorber.

So far...

Motor home
Some kind of creature(s) in
Some kind of tank, will be checking on a custom acrylic $$ feasibility

Cushion of cozy moss, maybe low light plant(s)
No decorations, rocks, so they won't knock around in the tank.
Travel cubby/cabinet to secure tank
probably a canister filter/
some kind of aerator.
(y)

Tetra1990, Yes, that would be a minimum. So I wouldn't be that lonely from my watery world, but I would be left wanting a higher degree of interaction!!!

Maybe a sponge filter with a special lid for traveling with a remote pump and aerator.

Davies97, still needing something to seal and operate while traveling down the road.

Loudog21, I was thinking some tall tubing, then thought maybe the canister filter/aerator...

Thanks.

Snail not too much, it would have to pretty amazing snail, to which type I have not yet seen although the Poso rabbit snails are pretty cute.

Shrimp are very entertaining, so maybe them, but since they are sensitive to some ph changes, and need super clean water, traveling in different parts of the country, there is a huge variance of water types, might be able to us special filter to help with quality, still concerns for hardness, etc.

I still have nothing workable...

Well it has been a VERY long time since this was thread was posted and active. (588 days) lol

BUT...I only have 6-7 months to go now!!!

Still thinking about this!

Anybody else? New or updated ideas?

Back
Top Bottom