Motor Home Aquarium - Any RVers live in and have experiences?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just read through this again to REmember everything.

So maybe a fluval edge 6.6G. I have a 12G too though it is a very heavy thing when full of water.

I like the Japan earthquake building base idea. Because it seems possible for ME to be able do it. Like instructions for a science fair project or something.

The gyroscope thing is awesome but I am a little less sure how "I" would be able to make something like that.

The BiOrb which is round and closed. I have never had one of these, maybe it is a good excuse to buy one, to use it and see. The 4G would work for shrimp but probably the 8G for any nano fish with shrimp. I read some fish died going down the tubes so some sort of sponge or net cover so they can't get in.

Hmmmmm.........

There could be an attachment for the top of the edge with some sort of cover and a canister filter. This all has to be in a compact space as well and LOOK decent.

I am getting some new good ideas. I am thinking of the moving company movers giant rubber bands and a top with a bottom to hold it in place on the Japan earthquake building style base.

How about a cylindrical aquarium? It would have a very small footprint, water sloshing would be almost a non-issue, and there wouldn't be as much stress on the seams because of its shape. You could probably have quite a large aquarium going that route, like 12" diameter by 5' high. If you did small water changes very often, the water parameters would change slowly enough that it wouldn't harm the fish.

You could have a hole drilled at the bottom for water to go out to a filter hidden in a cabinet or something, and then another one at the top a few inches above the water line for the water to be pumped back into the aquarium, and that would aerate the water too.

As for décor - just glue it down.

Here's some pix similar to what I'm imagining:
http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/9969270/Cylindrical_Acrylic_Aquarium_Round_Acrylic_Aquarium_Cylindrical_Acrylic_Fish_Tan.html
http://ranchi.olx.in/aquarium-pillar-shaped-iid-529824472

The first one says you can customize the dimensions of the tank, too!

it doesnt seem like it should too hard as long as you can get something that seals tight, and you can mount it so that it doesnt slide. your only real problem is if the fish can handle the water sloshing back and forth, which shouldnt be too much since you're not going to be gunning it in an rv. i dont remember if weve mentioned this but bettas would probably do well since they're pretty tough

what i want to know is how the heck does that guys water not slosh everywhere, and he must keep his rv hooked up to electricity 24/7 even when hes not on trips?? unless he just lives in it

Living in a high altitude area, 7,000 feet as I would worry about the change in altitudes, wouldn't a beta do the best? Couldn't you put a live plant in the top for the oxygen and with the roots being in the water they could nibble on them along with regular feeding? I think the gyroscope idea is the way to go since I also live in a very active earthquake area, Yellowstone national park, most of the hotels are built on that idea. Good luck

I'm nt sure if someone covered this subject yet. But what would you do about temperatures? I live in he south, and that fish would easily boil in July or August. Something else to think about. But I'm tagging along on this incase you do make it work!

I have gone down to an altitude off 4,000 to get fish, (2 hours away) and I took 3-1/2 hours to get back just to slowly increase the altitude. Weather that played a part in them living, don't know, but didn't want to risk it, like the deep sea divers, I came up slowly.

Back
Top Bottom