Mounting a light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpellEcho

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi! I'm currently cycling my second tank a homemade 36g tall hexagon. I'm having difficulties finding a way to mount my light. I'm not able to put anything in the ceiling or wall I was hoping there was something that I could just clip to the side of the tank and on the light to hold it above the water, but I have come up sort on my searches. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Those are great but a bit out of my ability to create hah. I'm not looking to purchase a new light I have a 22" aqueon light bar off an old tank that I'm not using. I just thought maybe there were such things as double ended binder clips or something with a clip at one end and a bracket of some sport to hold up the light on the other. Ah well I'll keep looking maybe I'll find something I can make. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I used painted electrical conduit. Put a 90 bend in it, and bolted the long end to the back of the tank. I then hang my lights off that, and it travels with the stand, and i can lengthen/shorten the chain to adjust height.

Wife says she hates it, but hasn't forced me to remove it in years.

Not the prettiest solution, but it was mine.

Back
Top Bottom