Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varknight

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I am New here and had a question I am moving in a few days and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on moving my fish its only a few miles away not far but not sure the best way to do that. I have a 20 gal

I actually just got done moving a 125g tank, wasn't too fun. But what u can to depending on what type of fish you have you can put them in a big bucket. But make sure you take at least 7gals with you so you dont cycle the tank again and have to wait.

If you are trying to keep the filter pads make sure that they do not dry out. If they do replace them... When you put the fish in a bucket make sure they can breath, so don't close the lid completely, they can survive a couple of hours but the temp will drop so you kinda have to be quick because you can shock the fish when puting them back into the tank. But it's really not that hard, I didn't loose 1 fish. When you get to your new house set up your air pump and put the tube into the bucket so it will give them fresh oxygen

I actually just got done moving a 125g tank, wasn't too fun. But what u can to depending on what type of fish you have you can put them in a big bucket. But make sure you take at least 7gals with you so you dont cycle the tank again and have to wait.

If you are trying to keep the filter pads make sure that they do not dry out. If they do replace them... When you put the fish in a bucket make sure they can breath, so don't close the lid completely, they can survive a couple of hours but the temp will drop so you kinda have to be quick because you can shock the fish when puting them back into the tank. But it's really not that hard, I didn't loose 1 fish. When you get to your new house set up your air pump and put the tube into the bucket so it will give them fresh oxygen
Thanks for the info will try that. It sounds alot easier than what i was going to do which was put the fish in bags with the same aquarium water then put in an ice chest with paper so they wont move but if I can get a bucket they can survive in for a few hrs then that would make mine and the fishes lifes easier.

When I moved about two years ago I used a couple of those large( you can put one inside the other to support more weight) Rubbermaid plastic totes filled with tank water drilled about a dozen holes in the lid and all my fishies did fine no fatalities!! :)

Back
Top Bottom