Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipsqueakkk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I will be moving at the end of the month 6 hours away. I have a ten gallon with a betta , neons , rasboras and cory cats and a six gallon with another betta, neons and a cory cat. What is the best way to move fish and tanks?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

5 gallon buckets. Keep the filter media nice and wet in a Ziploc bag. A roll of Saran Wrap around the tanks so whatever you don't get out as far as water and substrate that's left in each tank isn't all over when you reach your new place.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I used Rubbermaid containers I scooped out my substrate and placed it in one with water just enough to keep it wet so as to maybe keep some of the good bacteria and I also put my driftwood in this container then in another I filled it about 3/4 of the way full with water from my tank and then placed my fish in it along with my plants. You might want to try to find so kind of bubbler that you can run in it for a 6 plus hour trip. I was only moving about 45 minutes away. And of course your tank is the last thing to take down and the first to put up.

Back
Top Bottom