Moving 55 gallon fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skeeter4158098

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I am not moving any time soon. I want to know what do I need to do to prepare to move my tank and fish?

How far are you moving it to?
When we moved from our apartment to our house(5 minutes down the road), we went out and bought a few 5 gallon buckets from I think Lowes or Home depot. (we had two tanks so had to make 2 trips)
Two buckets we filled with the tank water and put the fish in there. One bucket we filled with water and put all the decorations and plants in it( have to keep everything moist) Another bucket we just filled with water to put back in the tank, and we left just enough water in the tank to cover the gravel to keep it wet.

Sounds complicated but it went better then we thought. Its good to save as much of the tank water as you can.

Hope this helps!

When I moved house I put all the fish in fish bags the shop gave us , with the water I did put most of it in buckets and left some in the tank

Not moving any time soon. Just wanted to know some ideas as far as how much of a pain it will be to move my tank. When the time comes. Just so I had a idea what I might need to look forward to when the time comes lol.

Back
Top Bottom