Moving a fish from one tank to another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rickrfg1951

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi guys, new member here. I have question that I hope to get more than one answer to. I have an Arrowana bought back in April. He was 6", but has grown to 13". He is in a 55 gal tank, and I recently purchased a 150 gal tank for him. I also have more fish in a 40 gal tank that I want to move to the 55 gal tank. They are not as large so moving them is not a problem. The problem is moving the large fish to the new tank. Any suggestions?

I think he does house calls?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1449353014911.jpg
    1449353014911.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 55
Hi. I moved a very large cat fish from a tank into my conservatory pond using a pillow case. Quite difficult to get him in there but easy and safe to carry once caught.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

moving

OK, guys. Liked your comments, but didn't answer my question. I have heard about the pillowcase, but arrowanas are very skittish. But, I'll probably try that or a variation. Thanks
Rick

They move large koi by using a large net, bringing them to the surface with the net, then scooping them up in a large plastic bag.

Just dont lift them up out of the water using the net

Lower the water level so that it can't escape up or down and use a trash bag with a small cut in both corners to let water out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom