Moving and need to ship fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scooper1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,
So i will be moving in the next few months from Georgia to Colorado. The kids and i will be taking a plane but and am not sure about bringing the fish. So i decide i would ship them using the USPS but have no idea how and how to get my babies ready. I will be sending 3 bettas 5 tetras and 5 glo fish along with a 10 gallon two 5 gallon and two 2 gallon tanks. Oh i almost forgot 2 mystery snails 4 assasin snails and a few nuisance snails that i keep for the assasins to eat. Does anyone have any tips and tricks that i can use? Do i meed to label the boxes live fish? Will the postal workers need to know there is liquid if i do not have to label?

You can use usps flat rate boxes. Cut styrofoam to fix inside the box, a box inside the box if you will. Don't feed for a couple of days before you ship. you will need to fill the bags with o2

Sorry hit send too soon. Fill your bags about half full of water, a little bit of purigen if you like, fill with o2, seal. Most tie the bag and then rubber band. You can use a heat pack if needed, wrap it in a little newspaper. Make sure you get the right type of heat pack

Will i need a heat pack cause it will be mid summer when i ship them. Do i need labels?

At that point you might need something to keep them cool. I would not label as live fish. Mean people out there might shake on purpose.

You will need to label "contains liquids" or something to that effect. You may want to use methylene blue for the fish (not the snails) because it protects their gills from ammonia burns.

Back
Top Bottom