Moving fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platycrazy19

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so recently I moved to college and I took my fish with me. I previously had a 5 gallon tank at home and decided to upgrade to a 10 gallon tank during the move, since I had to tear down anyways. Well Its gonna be a pain during winter break because I will have to tear down again and set back up at home for only 3 weeks before I do it again. well under the suggestion of a friend i am thinking of setting up my old 5 gallon tank next time I go home, get it cycled so that during break I can just bring my fish home and put them in the 5 gallon for a couple of weeks and then just bring them back. Seems a lot easier but I'm concerned about getting the 5 gallon tank cycled when i'm not there to monitor it. I can be home every one to two weeks to check it but that's it. I could have family do it for me but it gets so complicated. I guess my question is if this is a good idea and if the 5 gallon will cycle without much monitoring.

Back
Top Bottom