Moving fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sirtastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
I saw a 54l aquarium with fish, filter and all the stuff for a low amount of money on the internet. I wan't to buy them but I dont know how to move the fish. Where do I put them in, do I need to add stuff? The drive is like 20 minutes and the temperature outside is like 5 degrees celcius. Can someone help me?

I always save the bags that I buy fish in, they work great for this, if you don't have those I would suggest bringing several people with. For smaller fish, ziplock bags? And larger fish clear totes(as water right as possible) my go to pet store is a little more than a hour away and my fish are always ok. Best of luck and post updates!!

Preheat your car. Use blankets or even coolers. Coolers are insulators, so they will keep things at their temperature longer than being exposed to the cold.

I have some plastic bags from the fish store so i could put them easily in there without adding any oxygen? The fish are about 8 guppys 10 neons and 2 small pleco's.

Oh that's not too bad, I would combine mine and nirbhao's ideas. Add the fish to the bags and put them in coolers to keep the temp

Back
Top Bottom