Moving My Puffers !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I have fallen in Love with discus and want more. So this is my plan!
The Dwarf Puffer has to go as I cant find him any friends and dont want him on his own !

So I thought I could move my other two puffers into this tank.
If I provide plenty of cover for them aggression will be fine and I do 50% water chnages on this tank so water will also be fine.
Then that leaves me with an other 33 gal tank for Discus.

This plan is only going ahead if I can get a job lol. As money will be needed fr the discus :roll:

So what do you think ?

If I was useing the inch per gallon rule (which I never do!) Thats would be 5 inch of fish in 13 gals so should be fine. The only thing I am worried about are agression levels. So will cover etc... help ?

Have you researched the needs of your T. Cutctia puffers? alot of puffers need there own tanks.. Im worried that your going to have aggression problems..

Thats what I was worried about, there is not much information regarding this species of pufferfish, I have bought a book that has information on every species of puffer fish that has been discovered so far but it has not arrived yet I will keep you posted on my finds.
Will cover i.e. plants caves etc .... help decrease agression levels ?

I don't know much about puffers, but i know my puffer likes to hang out under some cover i have for him. he swims around a little, and is a very peaceful fish, but likes to be near my castle ruins decor. I would think if you had enough cover for all three, they should be fine in their own little spots, as they don't seem to wander much once the find a spot they like.

Dang, puffer punk found me... I know, i've read the puffer forum quite thuroughly...

I got him b4 i read your forum though... And then decided, if I bring him back to petco to give him to someone, there is a 98% chance he'll end up right back in FW... soo I thought, he seems to be doing fine in my tank, and i've had him for almost a year now, that i would just keep him... I was thinking of making a BW tank, but all i have is a extra 10G, and i thought i read in the puffer forum that was too small?

Really!? Well then, I'm going to get that 10 Gal setup for BW, Thank you! Now, off to read about BW, lOL

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom