Moving small tanks...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JenNewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Notice I am now consistently asking advice BEFORE I do something!! :idea:

This weekend I finish moving. The only tanks I have set up are a 5gal and 6gal. These are small enough that I am planning on bagging the fish, draining the tanks to 1/3 or 1/4 full and leaving all substrate/decorations/plants in the tanks and then having a 10 gal bucket of the same water (ie, the tap water from the old house) ready to refill the tanks. The drive is 30 min at most. The fish aren't going to be the very last thing moved, but I want to wait to move them until I've scouted out tank locations/outlets and have the furniture they will reside on moved. Does this sound like a happy plan?

I see no issues with your plan. I did much the same thing with my 10 gallon when I last moved. Of course, it was my only tank at the time :p My next move shall be more irritating :)

i have a 10 gal and a 5 gal and i am not moving any time soon but i dread the day!! oh well at least when im outta an apartment i can have a 200 gal like i want.

Back
Top Bottom