Moving tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallenRedeemer

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need to move my tank so I can put down new flooring. What's the best way to move it. I just needs to go in the room right next door. Maybe a total of 10 or 15 feet. I was thinking of unplugging everything then draining as much water as I can then moving the tank off the stand and moving it over but ion not sure what to do about the fish. Leave them in the tank or put them in another container.

I don't have any experience doing this , but what id do is put all livestock/plants in containers and also put the filter media in with them so the bacteria doesn't die. Then drain most of the water and move the aquarium away, then with help move the stand. Oh and unplug everything

You might be better putting them in a large Rubbermaid bucket with an air stone (and heater if needed depending on how long they'll be in there) and some of their tank water while you drain and move the tank. Keep the filter media wet too.

Back
Top Bottom