Moving Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matttherat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 45 hex tank with some I.D Sharks and some Pleckos, im moving these fish out to a 55 gallon long tank, Well, when moving the 1st I.D shark, his fin cut through the bag and got stuck, I didn tlet his bag float in the water for long beacause he didnt look like he was feeing to good.

My question is, if the tanks have the same temp pretty much, would just moving them over without letting a bag float hurt the fish?

basically its not just the temperature, you have the adjust the pH also, if the pH is the same you MIGHT be able to do that, i would just still acclimate them no matter what

is your shark ok?

they will seem stressed out at first because the nitrate levels might be a bit different but otherwise i think they should acclimate well

good luck!!! :D

Could I bag the sharks with water fromt heir old tank, then bring them to the new tank, and add some water from that into their bags, then let them out?

yeah, thats basically what you do to acclimate them...just let them sit in the bag w/ their water for a bit and add a cup of the new tank water into it...let them sit for 5-10 mins and do it once more and then scoop him out with the net and put him in the new tank...just a little patience is involved, but if you want to keep your fish happy thats all you gotta do

smilies-35568.png

Good advice here :D

There is a long process to acclimate fish that you can search online for on about a thousand sites, but I don't think it has to be all that complicated. I float the bag closed for 5 mins, then open it and double the water in the bag so it is 1/2 old tank and 1/2 my tank and let it float of another 5 minutes. Then I net the fish from the bag and add them to my tank. Its always worked fine for me, and its really easy.

Back
Top Bottom