Moving, what to do with fish/tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreshwaterSean

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to be moving in a few weeks. I just finished cycling my 29g biocube. I know I need to drain my tank but am curious about the fish and my filter.
I use a filter tower in the back of the tank, should I drain some water into a bucket and throw the filter in so I don't take a risk of losing my bb? I'm only moving a few mins away so it won't be down long but I'd hate to lose all my hard work!! It's been a long 8 weeks getting to this point!

You should be able to keep the BB in the filter just fine if you put it in a bucket of the tank's water while you are moving it. I feel your pain. Moving just plain old sucks! Good luck and be careful. OS.

Just make it so that your tank is the last thing to be moved . As well put your bb in a bucket of your tank water , and do the same with the fish . But only when your ready too go . Less stress on the fish

If it's only going to be down a few mins i'd just keep the bb wet, try and keep as much tank water as possible as well (it will be the right temp and dechlorinated) this means you can literally get everything up and running as soon as you land at the new place. (y)

Back
Top Bottom