Moving white specs on glass.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bm5424

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed my tank have tons of these little whitish specs on the glass that move aswell. Then move like snails on the glass but I'm positive they aren't snails because I've never bought live plants before. Should I be worried. I thought the might be daphnia but then where did they come from??

Did you add any new fish lately? That is odd... I would do a big water change at minimum - and how are your fish acting? How are your water parameters? Did you test...?

That's really odd.
I've heard of calcium deposits forming in particularly hard water, but those wouldn't move. Fungi type things can grow, and also can move with the current. Could also be from ammonia build up, id try testing your water and posting results.

I'm not very experienced, but I have read a book or two.

The fish are acting fine. I did a water change yesterday. Could this be daphnia? I got new fish about 4 weeks ago.

Sounds like either; a kind of algae caused by something in your tap water, or something caused by the new fish. After Googling around a bit, it seems like lots of people have had similar cases, and washing the tank walls caused it to go away and never return.

i had them too and they were way to small to be planaria, i know what they look like. i never did find out what they were but they went away after a week or so never did harm to my fish.

No thats not nearly close. Mine were TINY. Any smaller theyd be microscopic. A lot smaller then planaria. Basically if you cut up a human hair into thousands of pieces. I dont know how to describe how small these things were. But the could be seen with the naked eye.

Buy a few guppies and they should go within a couple of days

None of those. it hard to tell the shape but they are a very light tan color and move. Idk how else to describe them. I'll get a pic soon

this is the best i could find on what mine were. the guy on this website said they were planaria but that are so small compared to the planaria im used to seeing
Tiny white worms???

I had tiny white worms and little feathery things. They dont seem to hurt the fish. My moms tank has BUNCHES of them! And hers get pretty big!

Back
Top Bottom