Moving with an elderly fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fis

Aquarium Advice Regular
From my other posts in the infirmary section of the site, one can see my poor fish is a bit under the weather. He's 10 1/2 years old, tends to flash for no particular reason that anyone can see, and has a red, slightly deformed area on the side of his mouth from the on and off flashing (which I'll add has been better after melafix, more frequent water changes, etc)

I'm writing all that first for background. We may be moving towards the end of this year/beginning of next across the country. We'll be driving. Is there any safe and comfortable way to travel with the fish? How would I go about doing this if there is a way? Or is that just silly and it's better to find him another home here?! I'm not going to just give him away, and because he's injured I'm afraid to give him to anyone that might not know what to do with him or might treat him poorly. MIL is an option, but last resort - lol

Thoughts?
Thank you!

Are you talking about the white fan- tail? I dont know how long she/ he is but I've seen battery operated bubblers and maybe you can find a small tank to take in your vehicle. Really I don't have any experience with this and I'm just trying to spark an idea for you or anyone else reading this thread

Thank you - sorry I forgot to specify. He's a rather large goldfish. I'd say at least 8 inches long, and rather husky.
I'm ok with getting a small tank, I just need to know how to keep him, if I can, from bouncing about while I'm driving, possibly causing discomfort...

Thanks though - I appreciate the thought :)

Back
Top Bottom