Moving with fish- Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Um I think I'm going to empty the ten gallon halfway, take out at least one or two of the decorations (leaving them somewhere to hide if they get scared) and going to pop it in the backseat of my car, plug in the heater, and hope nothing goes wrong. Granted, I can carry the tank half-full...that'll be at least 5 gallons of water, plus the weight of the tank and the substrate. So idk :/

Oh I will. I hope my buddies don't get bothered by being tousled around for a few hours. Wouldn't wanna make them SEA SICK. hahahahahaha

Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it goes by the end of the weekend. :) Thanks for all of your help and suggestions; I really did take them all into account. I just feel the is the easiest way to go.

So the move went well. All three of my pals are still alive and kicking. They did get tossed around some on the trip here, but I was trying to drive as carefully as possible. :p They're currently in their tank on the kitchen counter. haha There's only substrate, the filter, and the heater, so it's very empty. I don't think they like it much, but I put their ornaments into the new tank. I'm doing what I can to speed up the cycle, but ammonia levels are staying at a constant .5 or so, so obviously it's not ready for fish. Plus, I won't have the time once classes start to be doing large water changes every day. I would rather not have to worry about them. I need to get more sand for the tank anyway, so it's best I don't have any fish in there yet because it will get all cloudy and dirty once I add more. :p

Do any of you know if an airstone filter can temporarily take the place of an above water filter? I would like to put the old filter in the new tank to cycle it faster and I have an airstone laying around. Would it be sufficient enough and for how long?

Back
Top Bottom