MTS care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maltimomma

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm expecting 20 mts tomorrow that I bought on Aquabid. I have set up a 10 gallon tank that I'm hoping will make a suitable home for them. From everything I've been able to find online they are very hardy and make lots of baby MTS if you over feed them. I haven't found much on what they require only that they like warm water and algae, and will of course keep the tank clean. There are no fish in the 10 gallon. The parameters are: ph 7.6, ammonia 0 ppm, nitrite 0 ppm and nitrate 5.0 ppm. The temp is 80 degrees. Does all this sound ok for them?

:hide:

I'm expecting 20 mts tomorrow that I bought on Aquabid. I have set up a 10 gallon tank that I'm hoping will make a suitable home for them. From everything I've been able to find online they are very hardy and make lots of baby MTS if you over feed them. I haven't found much on what they require only that they like warm water and algae, and will of course keep the tank clean. There are no fish in the 10 gallon. The parameters are: ph 7.6, ammonia 0 ppm, nitrite 0 ppm and nitrate 5.0 ppm. The temp is 80 degrees. Does all this sound ok for them?

:hide:
From what I hear they are a piece of cake. Just keep the parameters stable and and the temperature tolerable and you will soon be overloaded with snails!

From what I hear, the problem with these guys is that it isn't hard to get them to start breeding, it's the REAL problem to get them to STOP breeding. Good luck!

MT snails are parthogenic meaning that they are capable of reproducing without a mate. A single female could give rise to a whole generation. To keep levals down you could sell or trade them. Assasin snails are the only predator you could add. Unlike ramshorn snails, these snails feed on dead fish rather than plants.

Back
Top Bottom