MTS Detonation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Best loach for an MTS infestation. I love the clowns but they will outgrow my 55g. I could rehome them, but I hate that. Any good smaller loaches I can get to do the trick? I am pretty sure these nasty snails hitched a ride on a plant somewhere down the line. Need a good and deadly remedy...LOL. Any one got some suggestions?:banghead:

Trouble with Assassins id I can vouch for them turning into as much of a problem as the MTSif they're fed well[emoji57]

Assassin snails. Not as prolific as mentioned up there. My tank has plenty of food for them and I only had 15 babies in about 6 months, certainly manageable. But my MTS are gone

Must be nice I recently took over 90 to an auction & still have 5 tanks to go. And if my gravel cleaning is an indicator there's no over feeding happening

Must be nice I recently took over 90 to an auction & still have 5 tanks to go. And if my gravel cleaning is an indicator there's no over feeding happening

I can agree with that. I've seen them grow to plague proportions in some people's tanks after wiping out a large MTS population. As far as fish go, Yo-yo loaches and zebra loaches are snail killing machines. They stay small enough for a 55.

I can agree with that. I've seen them grow to plague proportions in some people's tanks after wiping out a large MTS population. As far as fish go, Yo-yo loaches and zebra loaches are snail killing machines. They stay small enough for a 55.

How many of these would you recommend. Of each species if I have to choose one?

How many of these would you recommend. Of each species if I have to choose one?

You don't really have to choose one or the other, but honestly zebra loaches can kind of get an attitude when they're older. Yo-yos tend to play a little nicer with tank mates. I would say like 3-5 Yo-Yos. Just one or two would win out the snails, but they like to have buddies.

Back
Top Bottom