Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2005, 03:58 AM   #1
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
MTS! MTS! Ahh!

Look at my sig for updates!
I want a livebearer tank, gourami tanks, rainbow tank, ACF tank, SA cichlid tank, african cichlid tank, brackish tank, the list goes on. For now though, I think I'm going to try stay with 5. :P
What I hope it will be within the next week or so:
75- My larger fish
55- Fish from 20 gal
20- planted tank, dwarf frogs and bluey
10- clawed frog
10- quarantine

Ahh, the madness! This all started because of a 20 gallon goldfish tank my mom got when I was younger.

Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
RoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Well, without being biased I agree that you should have a SA biotope tank. I have found it to be a really cool seu up and it doesn't take much to get it there. A few dwarf cichlids, a few corydoras, a pleco and some SA tetras and low/med light plants and you've got it.

I would personally recommend a 75 gal for this, but a 55 could work as well.

BTW...I can arrange a meeting between you and Dr. Ivanna Phistanque, the world re-known aquatic analyst to discuss your MTS. ROFL!!!

Old 11-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I have now decided that MTS is a wonderful thing. No reason to try and combat the symptoms, just go with it. As discussed here many times before, furniture is not necessary, it can be worked around. You could have much worse addicitions.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:11 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Kornchild Send a message via MSN to Kornchild Send a message via Yahoo to Kornchild
Uhhhhh clawed frogs in a 10, thats mean get 3 of them and put them in a 20..... They interact with each other a lot and will appreciate the extra space....

That being said my frogs have been living in a 10 for moving purposes for the last 6 months with no ill effects other then having to do water changes twice a week because they are just horribly messy eaters.... I've had the 2 I have now for 5 years, they live upto 20 years....

Kornchild
Old 11-05-2005, 06:02 PM   #5
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagz
No reason to try and combat the symptoms
Well, I know of one reason, my wallet! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornchild
Uhhhhh clawed frogs in a 10, thats mean get 3 of them and put them in a 20..... They interact with each other a lot and will appreciate the extra space....
I did know these things about them but I have it (not sure on the sex) in there only temporarily. It's still quite young so I think it'll be fine for now. I do want to get a 20 long and have 2 or 3 ACFs.
See look at this! That would mean another tank!
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
RoK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mts

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com