MTS strikes again.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taelen

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, I will be getting a second tank from a friend and will be starting this one up from scratch.

It's a triangular corner tank that is taller than it is wide. I'm wondering what kind of stocking options I might have. I suppose that there are special considerations with this shape of tank. Perhaps choosing the fish based on where they like to swim so that certain levels don't get too crowded.

Anyone with a tank shaped this way or a taller tank have any insights?

Thanks!

How many gallons is it? I know angle fish prefer taller tanks, but it depends on how much water is available when deciding on what to stock.

agreed. If it is more than 30g, you can keep an angel pair in there with some loaches or cories. Those are the only fish that I know of that prefer tall tanks though (as far as larger fish go)

I love odd shaped tanks, the decorating and stocking options are pretty different than wahat ya can do with a cube shaped tank. for example, usually taller longer plants, smaller pieces of driftwood, decorations, etc. smaller fish, the only part I don't liek is trying to clean down near the bottom, you pretty much have to subm,erge your whole arm lol

Back
Top Bottom